Back Pain Relief With Our Chiropractors in Frisco, TX
Back Pain & Sciatica Treatments
Back pain affects most people at some point in their life and can come in many forms. There are many causes of low back pain, some minor and some major such as nerve damage. Sometimes, mild back problems can be solved by taking pain medication when you have a flare up, but if this does not work for you, it might be time to see a professional doctor or Frisco chiropractor.
When to See a Doctor:
- If back pain does not improve within 72 hours of self treatment
- If the pain is intense, constant, and worse when you lie down
- If the pain begins extending down your legs
- If you have weakness or tingling in your legs
- If you also have a fever or throbbing in your abdomen
- Following any fall or other injury
- If back pain is accompanied by weight loss
- If it is your first episode of back pain since turning 50
- If you have a history of conditions such as osteoporosis
What Causes Back Pain?
- Strains – These occur frequently from strained muscles and ligaments from sudden movements and heavy lifting. These often go away on their own.
- Bulging or Ruptured Discs – This happens when material inside a disc causes pressing on a nerve. While in some this may cause serious pain, others may not even feel it.
- Sciatica – This occurs when an injured disc is pressing on the main nerve and causes pain to shoot down your buttock and the back of your legs.
- Arthritis – This condition is common in the lower back and can also affect the spine. It is characterized by inflammation of the joints.
- Scoliosis – This, among other spinal irregularities, can lead to back pain.
- Osteoporosis – If you have this condition, bones become brittle and porous. This can cause the vertebrae in your spine to have compression fractures.
How We Treat Back Pain
Every patient is different, so the first plan of action when our chiropractor treats your back pain is to use various tests and imaging to determine what is causing your back pain. From there our chiropractors will create a program just for you, in our Frisco clinic. Oftentimes we start with chiropractic adjustment, which uses force to manipulate the joints and put them back where they need to be. From there, if necessary we can recommend a nutrition plan to help with pain management, as well as put you through some mild physiotherapy to get your back muscles into shape. Our goal is to restore your back to its full function, as well as to relieve chronic back pain.
- Neck Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Disc Injuries
- Sports Injury
- Auto Accident Injury
- Work Injury