Headache Relief Treatment By Frisco Chiropractors
Causes & Treatments for Migraines
A headache is simply a pain in one or more areas of the head. There are many types and causes of headaches, and they are all frustrating and can affect daily performance at work or home. Our professional Frisco, TX, chiropractor team is an expert at relieving pain from headaches.
Types of Headaches
- Tension Headaches – These affect millions of people and are the most common type of headache. They are more common among women than men. These often involve spasms of the skull muscles.
- Migraine Headaches – It is thought that migraines affect about 12% of Americans.
- Cluster Headaches – These headaches are rare, affecting more men than women. These can be triggered by genetics and sleep patterns.
Migraines are a painful and crippling type of headache that can last for days. These headaches are characterized by intense throbbing accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. Migraines can affect your thought processes and functionality due to the intensity of the pain. These are different from other headaches because they reoccur often, last longer and are generally only on one side of the head.
What Triggers Headaches & Migraines
- Stress – Any type of stressor, from your job to your children, can cause heightened sensitivity in nerve pathways that relay pain.
- Warm Weather – The warmer the weather, the more likely you will have a headache.
- Strong Scents – Odors are thought to stimulate the nervous system.
- Hair Accessories – Wearing headbands or tight ponytails can strain the connective tissue in your scalp.
- Exercise – People who are susceptible to migraines often experience headaches after an intense workout.
- Poor Posture – Sitting incorrectly while at the office can cause strain on neck muscles leading to headaches.
- Secondhand Smoke – Nicotine causes blood vessels in the brain to narrow.
- Caffeine – Too much caffeine or caffeine withdrawal can cause intense headaches.
One of the simplest ways to combat headaches and migraines we use here at Tieperman Health and Wellness is massage. The massage therapy experts at our Frisco, TX, clinic are trained in stress reducing techniques that can help you relieve tension headaches and relax you, reducing your risk for migraines. We also offer physiotherapy to those who experience tension headaches due to strain in their neck muscles. This will strengthen the muscles and teach good posture to avoid future headaches. Nutrition may also play a role in frequent headaches, so we can assess what you eat and decide what could be triggering your headache or migraine.
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Disc Injuries
- Sports Injury
- Auto Accident Injury
- Work Injury
To relieve pain from headaches and migraines, call 214-705-1799.