Tieperman Health & Wellness in Frisco, Texas offers a range of massage therapy services that cater to your specific needs. When choosing a type of massage therapy, there are many factors one should consider. Various massage techniques produce different results. Some may be designed to treat injuries, while others help with chronic pain or tension. Before you schedule a massage appointment, browse this list of the most popular types of massage therapies. Your specific health needs, as well as what goals you hope to achieve through treatment, will help you determine the type of massage that’s best for you.
- Swedish Massage Therapy refers to the most general type of massage therapy that focuses on full-body muscle relaxation. This treatment is particularly useful in speeding up recovery from an injury.
- Aromatherapy is a Swedish massage involving the use of scented plant oils that boast healing properties. The soothing effects of this treatment can benefit conditions including headaches, insomnia, digestive disorders, back pain & PMS. Make sure you consider any allergies before this massage—oils can cause skin reactions.
- Hot Stone Massage involves the placement hot stones on specific points on the body. The warmth of the stones is relaxing and can loosen tight muscles to treat muscle tension quickly, but certain health conditions can make this type of massage therapy unsafe. Be sure to consult with your doctor before trying this treatment.
- Deep Tissue Massage is a focused, therapeutic type of massage that targets muscle knots and problem areas in deeper layers of muscle and connective tissues. Your therapist will address chronic tight or painful muscles, areas subject to repetitive strain, postural issues and injuries. This treatment is beneficial for those with chronic pain or lingering injuries that limit mobility.
- Shiatsu Massage focuses on applying localized pressure in a rhythmic sequence. The goal is to stimulate pressure points on the body, improving energy flow and regaining balance. Shiatsu is often used to reduce stress and protect against stress-related health issues. It is also effective in treating arthritis, insomnia, back or neck pain, sciatica and even sinus problems.
- Pregnancy Massage, also known as “Prenatal Massage,” is most often used to promote relaxation. Many mothers suffer lower back pain and swollen ankles so massage therapy can serve as a drug-free alternative to pain relief. Experienced massage therapists ensure the safety of mother and baby when positioning the patient and completing the massage.
With so many different types of massage therapy available, it is critical to consult with a massage therapist to choose the treatment that will provide the greatest benefit to you. To learn more about massage therapy or discover which treatment is right for you, contact Tieperman Health and Wellness today. We are available by phone (214) 705-1799 or online at https://tiepermanhealth.com.
Massage Therapy Frisco TX
Frisco TX Chiropractor | Tieperman Health & Wellness
8760 3rd St
Frisco, Texas 75034