Did you know nutritional choices greatly impact migraine symptoms?
The brain, blood vessels, and nerve signals all respond differently to specific foods. Understanding how to avoid nauseating and uncomfortable symptoms is imperative. Avoid the following foods known to trigger neuralgic pain and migraines:
- Bananas and Citrus fruits
- Beans (broad or fava) and Corn
- Cultured Dairy Products and Cheese
- Nuts and Nut butter
Be vigilant when it comes to the following food additives, known to trigger migraines:
- MSG (monosodium glutamate): MSG is a common ingredient in soy sauce and meat tenderizers.
- Nitrates and Nitrites: Most cured and processed meats contain nitrates or nitrites. These products cause swelling and can trigger inflammation in blood vessels.
- Aspartame: This artificial sweetener is 150 times sweeter than natural sugar.
- Beer, champagne, hard liquor, and coffee often induce equally painful symptoms.
The effect that these foods, additives, and beverages have varies from person to person. Paying attention to your body’s response is vital to learn the most potent triggers. If you feel hopeless in your battle against painful migraines. It may be time to contact Tieperman Health and Wellness Center in Frisco, TX.