Everyone suffers from back pain at one time or another. Sometimes it is from straining a muscle at the gym or sleeping wrong the night before. However, there are other times that the pain could is something more serious. One of those causes is a herniated disc. Discs are small pieces of tissue with jelly in the center that help cushion each one of your vertebrae. A herniated disc occurs when part of that jelly is pushed out, causing a bulge. Herniated discs are severe, and should be treated early. However, differentiating them from other medical conditions can be difficult. There still are some tell-tale symptoms of a herniated disc. Here are some of the symptoms of a herniated disc that the Tieperman team have noticed frequently.
Tell-Tale Symptoms of a Herniated Disc
- Pain that worsens when sitting or laying down
- Achy, stiff pain in the central, lower back
- Sciatica (Herniated discs are the number one. cause of sciatica)
- Pain that worsens when standing up from sitting or laying down
- Pain that suddenly feels better after standing for a while.
If you have any of these symptoms or are just suffering from constant back pain, it is time to call Tieperman Health and Wellness in Frisco, TX! Our experienced physiotherapy team will work tirelessly to make sure you are free from that pain! Contact us TODAY!